Lunchtime programs are offered in Seattle and Tacoma. Everybody is welcome to attend. PSGA members enjoy free admission while non-members are asked to pay $15 to attend a program meeting.
Your experience will include:
- Grantmakers describe their programs, policies and how to approach them.
- Experts share their experience and advice on how to be successful in winning grants.
- A seasoned grantwriter ("Grant Doctor") is available before every program to answer individual questions. First-come, first-served, and no appointment necessary.
- Before and after a program, you will have plenty of opportunities to network with your colleagues in grantwriting. Many people come earlier to talk with other program attendees (registration starts at 11:30 am).
- After a program, many speakers stay and talk with you. Please be respectful of time when talking with funders. If you need some guidance, please consult the etiquette here.
- The program is usually held from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm on the fourth Wednesday of the month in January, March, May, July, September, and November (though at times there are exceptions due to space or speaker availability). Please check the event page for the latest information on the topics and dates.
- The Seattle meeting is held at the REI Flagship store. It is only a 10-minute walk from the Convention Center tunnel station and there are buses that serve the area. Check Metro for the bus routes and schedule. If you drive, you can park at the REI garage for a small charge.
- PSGA does not serve food or beverage. You are welcome to bring your own food and eat while you listen. Please choose easy-to-eat food since we do not have tables in the room and avoid any "noisy" food. World Wrapps is conveniently located on the third floor of REI where we hold our program meeting.
- Some people have commented that the room is chilly, so you may want to bring a jacket or sweater.
South Sound Program (Tacoma)
- The program is usually held from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm on the third Wednesday of the month in February, April, June, August, and October. (though at times there are exceptions due to space or speaker availability). Please check the event page for the latest information on the topics and dates.
In December, the South Sound planning group holds an annual Funders' Forum at the University of Puget Sound campus, and there is no separate program meeting that month.
- The South Sound meeting is held on University of Washington Tacoma's campus. [map] There is both lot and street parking available in the area. However, the campus is also on the *free* downtown Tacoma Link light rail line, which starts at the Tacoma Dome Station, which offers *free* parking, and drops off right at the UW-T campus.
- Please bring your business card to enter the drawing for a free gift.
- Bring your own lunch or visit one of the multiple food and coffee vendors on campus along Pacific Avenue. We have tables in the meeting room, so join us for lunch before the program starts, and meet your colleagues!
Sign up for PSGA announcements to get the latest PSGA information. If you have any questions or ideas, please contact PSGA.