PSGA Presents the 22nd Annual Conference:
Awakening Your Case!
Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2014
7:30am - 4:15pm
Washington State Convention Center | Seattle
The Puget Sound Grantwriters Association invites you to join your peers for “Awakening Your Case!,” our annual daylong conference, featuring practical,
hands-on presentations on a wealth of topics relevant to you, the grantwriting professional.
- Keynote speaker Sonya Campion’s master class, “The Leadership Required for a Powerful Case Statement.”
- Sylvie McGee’s “You’ve Got the Money, Now Stay Out of Jail,” a follow up to her Oct. 28 specialized training session on applying for Federal grants.
- Vu Le’s “Elements of Culturally Competent Grantwriting,” an honest discussion about “serving the underserved.”
- The first-ever “PSGA Smackdown: Transformational vs. Traditional Philanthropy"—Are you on Team Tran or Team Trad?
And there’s plenty more where these come from—panels, workshops, and forums; the opportunity to meet representatives from some of the region’s most important foundation and corporate donors; and time to meet and mingle with your fellow grantwriters.
New to the field? Some sessions are perfect for building research and writing skills.
Want a chance to win $2,000 for your organization? Submit an application that may be selected to be a finalist for scrutiny during the annual Funders Panel.
Learn more on the Annual Conference home page.
Earlybird (on or before October 18): $125 Members l $175 Non-Members
Regular (October 19 - October 29): $145 Members l $195 Non-Members
Membership and Conference*: $220 (on or before October 18) l $240 (October 19 - November 1)
The Puget Sound Grantwriters Association promotes responsible, effective grantseeking and fosters connections among grantseekers, non-profits and funders.
Benefits of Membership
- Professional development and career advancement.
- Networking opportunities with colleagues and funders.
- Free admission to monthly meetings--in Seattle and Tacoma.
- Priority registration and discounts for other PSGA events.
- Presentations by grantmakers from every field and opportunities to meet them.
- Annual conference featuring speakers, discussions, and exhibitors.
- Funders Forums where you meet with grantmakers--in Seattle and Tacoma.
- Specialized trainings (internet research, freelancing and more).
- Access to the “Members Area” section of the website
1. Job listings/career opportunities
2. PSGA listserv
3. Member directory
4. Lunchtime Program Notes & Handouts
Find out more about member benefits and join PSGA. If you cannot afford to pay a membership fee, we encourage you to apply for a scholarship. Scholarships are available for individual events as well.