Benefits of Joining Puget Sound Grantwriters Association
If your organization has sought grants over the last decade, you are undoubtedly aware of the rapidly changing grants landscape. In today’s funding environment, it is no longer enough to have a great program. Funders want to see that your organization and programs have goals, outcomes, measurable objectives, and an evaluation plan to measure success.
PSGA provides opportunities throughout the year to learn from experienced professionals and funders about the latest trends, information, and tips on grant development. At only $95 per year per person, membership in PSGA is an excellent value. Membership in comparable professional development organizations can cost between $150 – $250 per year. The list below describes some of our member benefits and details the dollar savings of your annual membership.
- Network and collaborate with other grant development professionals including:
1. Access to PSGA’s member network and our new social networking sites
2. Free participation in PSGA networking meet-ups in various locations throughout the greater Puget Sound region
- FREE participation in the PSGA lunchtime programs offered in alternating months in Seattle and Tacoma. (Total savings – up to $180)
1. Invite a colleague for free to one lunchtime program
2. Consult with a grant doctor at lunchtime programs to help problem-solve challenging grant-related issues
- Priority registrations and discounts on events including:
1. Funders Forums – Tacoma in December and Seattle in May (savings – up to $30)
2. Conferences and Special Events at least one time a year (savings – up to $60)
3. Specialized Trainings offered throughout the year (savings $30 – $60)
- Free membership in the PSGA Member Network– a great place to ask grant-related questions and network (optional)
- Free membership in the Pacific Northwest Nonprofit Consultants (PNWNPC) Listserv – for consultants and freelancers: (optional)
- Free access to the PSGA online job board
- Opportunity to be listed on the PSGA Freelance Grantwriters list – for freelance consultants (an additional annual fee)
- Members-only resources including a job board, listserv, member directory, past program materials and more!
- Discounts offered by other organizations
Who Should Join PSGA?
Anyone interested in getting grants for nonprofit organizations.
PSGA serves nonprofits of all sizes and types, as well as self-employed consultants, freelancers, and volunteers. Our membership of over 400 spans the range from rookies to seasoned pros and includes:
- Staff grantwriters and grant managers
- Freelance grantwriters and consultants
- Chief executives/Executive directors
- Development directors
- Board members and other volunteers
- Individuals seeking work, or training in grantsmanship
Our membership is annual and based on your join date. Membership dues are $95 a year. If your employer pays your dues, you may choose an institutional membership, which is transferable to another individual within the same organization if you leave the job.
If you cannot afford a membership fee, we encourage you to apply for a scholarship.