The Puget Sound Grantwriters Association was founded by Goodwin Deacon in 1990 and became a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization in 2000. Today, we have over 400 members. As far as we know, we are the first successful grantwriters’ organization in the United States. We still have the most active regional grantwriters’ association in the country.
The Puget Sound Grantwriters Association promotes responsible, effective grantseeking and fosters connections among grantseekers, nonprofits, and funders.
- To create an engaged membership
- To develop excellent programs
- To strengthen the non-profit sector
- To improve our communities
PSGA offers programs and networking opportunities throughout the year:
- The Lunchtime Program is held every month alternating between Seattle and Tacoma. PSGA members have free access to all meetings each year.
- The Funders Forum is an event where grantseekers personally can meet funders. The Seattle forum is held in spring, and the Tacoma/South Sound forum is held in fall.
- Specialized Trainings are workshops taught by experienced instructors.
We also offer more informal learning opportunities: Happy hour offers informal opportunities for you to meet and network with your colleagues. Our PSGA Member Network is a vital source of information about grantwriting in the Northwest. To find out more about what we offer, please visit the programs page.
We are pleased to support a vibrant community of grantwriters in the Puget Sound area. Join us!