Advertise Your Job Opening!
Complete our Online Form to post a job opening on our site.
AFP Advancement Northwest also accepts job postings.
The UW Fundraising Management Certificate Program often has students and former students who are well-trained, and looking for jobs.
What to look for:
Grantwriting involves more than writing, so look for the following skills in a candidate:
- Research: They’ll need to know how to identify and research funding sources.
- Cultivation: It’s important to build relationships with funders before asking.
- Collaboration: They’ll have to gather input from program staff, finance staff, board leaders and other nonprofits, and government agencies to answer grantors’ questions, so teamwork is paramount.
- Writing, editing and formatting proposals: A concise, compelling, readable document makes the best case for your project with funders.
- Stewardship: Grantors expect follow-up reports, invitations, acknowledgment, communication, and contact.
- Story-telling: Stories can be powerful assets in cultivation, documentation of need, acknowledgments, and reports.
Candidates who possess these abilities may succeed whether they’ve written or not funded grants before.