Temporary Grants Manager
Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity
How to Apply? Website or Email
The Grants and Communications Specialist will play a strategic role in the ongoing growth of the Philanthropy
The Grant Contractor will be covering maternity leave between March and August 2022 and will be responsible for advancing the mission and vision of Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity by seeking and securing funding from private foundations and corporations.
Key components of this contract include submission of timely and compelling grant applications to prospective funders and ensuring the organization meets reporting requirements.
- Write and submit grants, meeting deadlines with ample time for review and editing
- Identify, cultivate, and apply to new grant prospects
- Work collaboratively with Chief Philanthropy Officer to ensure accurate information is collected for grant applications and reporting requirements from other internal departments
- Maintain and update organization case statements, program descriptions, and critical information needed for grant applications
- Create supplemental documents and/or presentations as required for grant applications and/or awards
- Steward relationships with new and existing funders, including private and family foundations, corporate and banking partners, and other community organizations as assigned
- Assist with case statement development and other writing as needed
- Participate in strategic funding discussions in partnership with the Chief Philanthropy Officer
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand Habitat’s history, mission, and culture from a staff, volunteer, and donor perspective
- Work to create an integrated and positive internal culture
Education and Qualifications:
- At least two years of experience in persuasive and effective writing
- Private grant writing experience preferred
- Ability to both meet and manage multiple deadlines
- Be collaborative and relational with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and experience using relational databases; Raisers Edge experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Pierce County funders is preferred but not required
$40-50 an hour
Interested in applying? Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement including why you are interested in a role with Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity.
- Current resume.
- Three professional references.
Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. If you are selected for the position, Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity will conduct a background check before hiring or contract.