Contract Part-time Grant Writer
Wallingford Community Senior Center
How to Apply? Website or Email
Mission: Wallingford Community Senior Center welcomes, connects, and supports older adults.
The Wallingford Community Senior Center is a 40+ year old senior center located in the Good Shepherd Center in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle. WCSC is undergoing a period of change and growth with a new ED and many new staff. Last year the Center increased programming by nearly 300%. We serve seniors in Northeast Seattle including the neighborhoods of: Wallingford, Fremont, University District, north Capital Hill, Queen Anne, Laurelhurst, Green Lake, Ravenna, Wedgewood, Maple Leaf, etc. WCSC provides a wide range of programming and services for seniors aged 55 and above. We seek to be a warm, welcoming place for all seniors and are expanding programming for the LGBTQ and BIPOC communities as well as veterans.
We’re looking for an experienced, mission-aligned Grant Writer to support WCSC’s fundraising efforts. This role is for a grant writer with a proven track record of success securing foundation and government funding. Ideal candidates will have exceptional writing and research skills, strong project management skills, and an overall commitment to excellence.
- Part-time; approximately 50 hours/year
- Rate negotiable based on experience
- Work will be conducted remotely with occasional in-person or zoom meetings
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Executive Director to develop grant application strategies.
- Research grant opportunities applicable to WCSC and its programs and services as needed.
- Manage grant calendar of proposal deadlines and any reporting due dates.
- Develop grant proposals by gathering relevant copy, context, and information from staff and other sources.
- Craft proposals in alignment with funding partner priorities.
- Manage full grant proposal process start to finish in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Track and complete interim and final reports as needed
- 3-5 years of experience researching and writing grants to foundations and public entities.
- Self-directed, motivated, organized, and deadline driven.
- Ability to write collaboratively and in keeping with organizational mission and branding.
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator.
- Ability to write concise and direct answers to grant questions.
- Ability to research grant opportunities with little supervision.
- Ability to write within a pre-established framework.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com First review of resumes is April 25, 2022