Job Title: Part Time – Grant Coordinator
Organization Name: City of Federal Way
Organization Type: Other
Organization Website: www.cityoffederalway.com
Under the direction of the Economic Development Director, the Grant Coordinator administers and manages the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) grant and associated corresponding grants on behalf of the City of Federal Way. The Grant Coordinator manages the financial reporting of the City’s Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (LFRF), manages third-party grant writers, and works effectively across multiple teams, relying on a strong foundational knowledge of grant administration, tracking and reporting, and compliance.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops, implements, maintains, and ensures compliant ARPA and LFRF grant administration and management procedures and workflow processes; executed in compliance with US Treasury standards.
- Serves as City liaison with federal and state grant agencies concerning legal and procedural requirements for grant development and execution, financial administration, project management oversight, and audit.
- Provides leadership to project managers and staff on all grant functions; participates in the selection process and contract-award process for third-party grant authors; coordinates and collaborates with internal city teams, including Finance, Economic Development, and other City departments.
- Assists in the facilitation and contract process for all grant-related contracts with outside agencies and third-parties; ensures accurate grant reporting and analysis.
- Oversees non-standard grant transactions, multi-grants, and grant anomalies and ensures appropriate tracking and documentation.
- Communicates directly with grantor agencies and develops initiatives for improving the speed and volume of grant activities.
- Delivers presentations on grant activity in public meetings.
- Maintains regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Principles, practices and theories of grant administration and compliance, and contract management.
- Principles, practices and theories of government budget and accounting.
- Program planning, organization, and coordination.
- Contract negotiation, administration, and management.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Interpret policies and procedures, laws, regulations and analyze complex problems, and adopt and effective course of action.
- Interpret administrative directives and use initiative and professional judgment in applying directives to the work at hand.
- Multi-task, simultaneously tracking and managing several projects and processes.
- Plan, implement and evaluate programs.
- Compile reports, correspondence, studies, analysis and other management information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff and customers.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Perform job duties in an organized manner with strong attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and adapt to varying communication platforms and styles.
- Perform duties with utmost professionalism and discretion.
- Work under supervision and self-motivate to work independently with little direction.
- Physically perform the essential functions of the job and perform all duties with accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to positively and effectively interact with diverse individuals to accomplish a common goal; willingness to help where help is needed.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, economics, or a closely-related field; and three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the funding and administration of complex grants, government accounting, contract management, or other closely-related field. Grants Management Certificate (GMC) and/or Project Management Certificate (PMC) highly desirable.
$38 – $42/Hourly
Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications are available at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, WA 98003, on our website at www.cityoffederalway.com, or by calling 253-835-2530.