Job Title: Grant Writer (Contract)
Organization Name: Bryant Neighborhood Center/Trinity Presbyterian Church
Organization Type: Other
Organization Website: www.tpctacoma.org
Trinity Presbyterian Church is seeking a contract Grant Writer to support the fundraising for Trinity’s Legacy Outreach Programs, and the emerging work of the Bryant Neighborhood Center. The Legacy Outreach Programs provide educational support to our neighborhood schools, and direct services to anyone in need in our community. We have recently completed renovation on the Bryant Neighborhood Center, which will serve as a community hub to link local residents with high quality resources, where young minds learn and grow, relationships are formed, and basic needs are met, while amplifying resident’s vision for the community.
The Grant Writer shall…
- Update and refine current language for upcoming grants, specifically around the transition from Trinity Outreach Programs to Bryant Neighborhood Center.
- Accurately prepare grant renewals, to support long standing partnerships.
- Write and prepare grant proposals, reports, LOIs to prospective and current funding partners by persuasively communicating Trinity’s goals, mission, and programs.
- Maintain and update foundation donor database.
- Ensure all written grant material uses strength-based language and represents children, families, and neighbors with value and dignity.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 1 year grant writing experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Committed to the success of the Fund Development Plan
- Subject to reference check and Washing State Patrol background check
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Flat rate negotiated on a project basis.
Approximately 30 grant applications per year.
Submit cover letter, resume and sample writing to Rev. Matt Robbins-Ghormley, Head of Staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org.