Job Title: Grant Writer
Organization Name: Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
Organization Type: Social Services
Organization Website: www.habitatsnohomish.org
Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County (HFHSC) brings people together to build homes, community, and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
This position is part of the three-person Resource Development team responsible for the full range of development activities that meets annual fundraising metrics and positions the organization for future growth, success, and long-term sustainability. Specifically, this position is responsible for writing proposals and securing funds for operations, programs, and special initiatives that advance our mission. It provides accurate and timely reporting with public agencies, foundations, and corporations, and supports donor stewardship and relationship-building between HFHSC and these key constituencies.
- Conduct full range of activities necessary to prepare, submit, and manage all grant proposals: private, public and corporate.
- Understand annual HFHSC funding needs, research and identify grant opportunities to address income targets for operations, programs, event sponsorship, special initiatives, and capital funding. Develop and manage annual grants calendar and maintain impeccable records tracking and reporting in HFHSC’s “Little Green Light” donor database.
- Monitor grant opportunities through Habitat International. Identify best strategic value for HFHSC; Conduct application process and meet reporting requirements.
- Identify new public funding opportunities for the Director to evaluate and allocate resources.
- Provide Finance r information necessary for financial reports on corporate/foundations funds.
- Build and maintain toolkit of affiliate information, program profiles and statistics, and financial performance to use in creating compelling funding proposals.
- Provide stewardship to current donors. Work with Marketing Communications Specialist to assure institutional donors receive affiliate communications and produce periodic updates to funders. Handoff new corporate sponsors to MarCom for fulfillment of their sponsorship benefits.
- Support Executive Director and/or Resource Development Director in building strong, productive relationships with foundation officers and other prospects; arrange onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers and trustees)
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising information and research sources, and familiarity with fundraising research techniques and methods.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals
- Strong contributor in team environments.
- Experience with donor database programs.
- Demonstrated computer skills; expertise with MS Office suite, including Word, Outlook, and Excel strongly preferred.
- Have a strong passion for and be able to articulate the mission, values, and goals of Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with grant writing with a demonstrated track record of securing grants and building relationships with funders.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in deadline-drive environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in team environment, manage multiple grant writing and reporting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well and support a diverse work environment.
Salary Range – $47,000-$50,000
Habitat for Humanity Snohomish County provides a comprehensive benefits package including but not restricted to: Medical, dental and vision benefits; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. HFHSC is open to discussing remote work location and alternative work schedule. This position is open at either a .8FTE, or full-time, depending on the interest of the top candidates.
HFHSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed building an inclusive, diverse, and accessible workplace. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the LGBTQ +/MOGAI communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability, or political affiliation.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and three references to: Jobs@habitatsnohomish.org