Job Title: Foundations & Corporate Partnerships Manager
Organization Name: Southwest Youth and Family Services
Organization Type: Other
Organization Website: https://www.swyfs.org/
Southwest Youth and Family Services (SWYFS) is searching for a Foundations & Corporate Partnerships Manager to join our team! The Foundations & Corporate Partnerships Manager is a key member of the SWYFS fundraising team – securing revenue from private foundations, public sources and corporate partners. They will work in partnership with the Executive, Development and Program teams to identify, cultivate, and solicit foundation prospects in alignment with SWYFS programs and the strategic plan.
The ideal candidate is a relationship builder, has experience with both grant writing and connecting with the funding community, demonstrates ownership, and has a commitment to our mission. This position is full time at 36 hours a week, compensation range is $60,000 – $65,000 annually, and provides a full benefits package. This job is temporarily remote and there is an opportunity for a hybrid working arrangement long term. Join us and become part of a growing fundraising team!
The Foundations & Corporate Partnerships Manager will be responsible for engaging with appropriate funding representatives, and collaborating regularly with SWYFS program, finance, and fundraising staff. The Foundations & Corporate Partnerships Manager maintains an annual foundation/corporate/public giving and reporting calendar, writes proposals, manages sponsorships, secures public revenue, and supports major gift proposal development. A solid understanding of program development and implementation is essential, as well as an understanding of the systemic racial and social injustices that create disparities in our community.
Key Responsibilities of the Foundations & Corporate Partnerships Manager:
- Supports and participates in implementing a strategic fundraising plan to annually raise funds from foundation, corporate & public sources.
- Collaborates with SWYFS staff on appropriate giving strategies for projects and programs.
- Develops and manages cultivation, relationship building, and stewardship activities with foundations/corporations/public sector including preparation of cultivation materials.
- Manages proposal writing and reporting processes in collaboration with program, finance, and fundraising staff.
- Maintains and advances annual foundation/corporate/public giving and reporting calendar.
- Tracks and monitors foundation/corporate reporting processes in donor database, Bloomerang.
- Evaluates and develops cultivation strategies for potential foundation/corporate prospects that align with SWYFS’s mission, programs, and goals.
- Prepares senior SWYFS staff in advance of key meetings, conferences or events.
- Develops a thorough understanding of SWYFS services and strategic plan.
- Participates in Resource Development team activities and events.
What the successful Foundations & Corporate Partnerships Manager will have:
- A core commitment to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion
- BA in related field or equivalent experience; 5 + years of professional experience
- Proven track record of success in obtaining funding through grants in both private and public sectors
- Clear and persuasive writing and speaking skills. Strong ability to match writing and communications styles to differing needs
- Demonstrated fundraising success in managing a portfolio of foundation/corporate/public funders
- Strong prospecting skills in identifying potential new funders and developing strategic approaches for successful introductions
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, especially in cross-cultural environments; ability to thrive as a team member
- Strong experience with outcomes-based planning, monitoring, and evaluation
- Comfortable and competent in developing and presenting budgets
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite (365) of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other fundraising-related software
- Strong ability to communicate in culturally competent manner with diverse staff and community members
- Ability to work independently and in teams as required
- Willingness to submit to and pass a criminal background check
- Preferred but not required: Clear driving record with no more than two moving violations in the last three years; access to a working automobile; and proof of insurance
- Assist other staff members in developing written materials as needed and requested
- Participate in personal and agency racial equity development
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Salary Range – $60,000 – $65,000
SWYFS has outstanding benefits including:
- Employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Generous sick and vacation time including 10 paid holidays
- Costco membership
Want to learn more about SWYFS?
For nearly 40 years Southwest Youth and Family Services (SWYFS) has been providing critical services in significantly under-resourced communities of Southwest King County, including Southwest Seattle, White Center, South Park, Burien, and SeaTac. As systemic racial and economic inequities continue to create significant barriers to communities of color across the nation, SWYFS remains committed to seeing our diverse community of South King County thrive. Participants in SWYFS programs are 61% children and youth, 92% people of color, 95% low-income (89% very low-income), and over 50% refugees and immigrants.
Our vision is that all residents of Southwest King County flourish and actively participate in the success of the community. We believe when we all commit to equity and expanding knowledge, we can build a community of acceptance, belonging and hope, where all families thrive. Please visit https://www.swyfs.org to learn more!
SWYFS has partnered with All Things HR, an external HR Consulting Company, to assist with their hiring process. If you would like to be a part of this dynamic company, submit your cover letter, resume and writing sample (such as a LOI or Grant Application) to email@example.com.