Renton Innovation Zone Partnership
If ‘Other’ please specify
Nonprofit Backbone Organization
How to Apply? Website or Email
The Renton Innovation Zone Partnership (RIZP) is hiring for a Development Manager with a successful track record of creating impact through sustainability. This position will join a small, but mighty team in a fast-paced environment and will work to build sustainability for the RIZP to support families and communities in the Renton Highlands and Skyway neighborhoods. This position will partner with community-based organizations, government entities, families, the Renton School District and other stakeholders to bring fundraising strategies to life. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys grassroot community building and building up historically underserved communities.
The Development Manager is responsible for overseeing all fundraising initiatives and activities of the organization. This person will develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan that encompasses the direction and strategy for all fundraising activities to support the mission and vision of RIZP, creating healthy learning opportunities for our students and families.
This person will identify new and strategic partnerships to create sustainable funding opportunities to grow the RIZP portfolio across all channels and challenge donors to look at funding differently.
- Build and lead implementation of a community-centric fundraising plan for the RIZP, including but not limited to: grant writing, individual donors, events, charitable and corporate foundations, volunteer management, sponsorships and in-kind donations.
- Develop strategies for identifying, cultivating and stewardship of new donor relationships and managing existing relationships with support from the RIZP team.
- Research and develop funding proposals for charitable foundations, corporate charitable funds, service clubs, and other similar funds.
- Implement effective planning processes for strategy and budget development and management, goalsetting, metrics, reporting and evaluation of results with support from the RIZP team.
- In collaboration with the RIZP team, track outcomes as related to funding requirements and long-term outcomes.
- Lead capacity building strategy for partner organizations to support sustainability
- Collaborate with action team co-chairs and partners to lead donor and funder cultivation and stewardship, to sustain action team work plan strategies
- Establish fundraising principles within a Collective Impact framework
- Manage acknowledgement letters, tax receipt process and donor appreciation gifts
- Have at least four years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and development
- Successful experience raising at least six-figures annually
- Experience with fundraising and communicating with funders through a racial and social justice lens
- Ability to interact with current and prospective donors in person and virtually
- Ability to clearly communicate with team members in different roles
- Ability to build and implement new systems and structures
- Outcome-oriented, with the ability to responding changing circumstances and priorities
- The position requires an individual with strong skills organization, oral and written communication, and strong knowledge of development databases and systems
- Candidate must be able to thrive in a start-up setting, be able to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- This position must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Reliable transportation for occasional pick up of donated materials from organizations and other resource procurement
CANDIDATES WITH THESE ADDITIONALQUALIFICATIONS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
- Connection to the RIZ neighborhoods of Skyway and/or Renton Highlands
- Representative of the diverse communities within the RIZ neighborhoods
- Proficient in another language other than English
23 days paid time off, 11 paid holidays, flexible, family-friendly schedule, medical (zero-deductible HMO and PPO options), dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance, with the employer covering over 90% of the costs of the insurance package. Retirement package. Transit benefit (Orca card Business Passport) is also available. This is a hybrid position, working both from home and the RIZP office.
How To Apply
Subject Line: “Development Manager” [APPLICANT – FIRST NAME LAST NAME]
Body of email: Include where you learned about this position
Submit a cover letter and resume (both combined into ONE Word or PDF document)
Cover letter elaborating on your experience and why you are qualified for this position