The Panoramic Center, Pacific Tower
1200 12th Ave. S.
(Just South of Downtown Seattle)
Submit Your Grant Application (Application CLOSED: October 21)
Register Now for Grantmaking LIVE! Event (November 10)
Join us at Grantmaking LIVE!
They are back for the first time in three years: PSGA’s Grant Competition and acclaimed Grantmaking LIVE! event. Even if you don’t apply in the Competition, join us on November 10 for a unique opportunity to see into the world of how grants are awarded, with a panel of real funders awarding a real grant following a live discussion. Grantmaking LIVE! will be PSGA’s first-ever hybrid event, taking place in-person (with refreshments and networking opportunities) at the Panoramic Center in Seattle and online via Zoom.
Why do we do this?
The purpose of the PSGA Grant Competition is twofold. It provides an opportunity for organizations to compete for a single $4,000 award. It also provides the opportunity for grantwriters to learn how funders review applications and make their decisions in a live and interactive process. PSGA is committed to centering a focus on racial and social justice in this process, both as a criteria for funding, and in providing pre-application assistance to newer grantwriters and small organizations to increase their access to this opportunity.
An opportunity to earn $4,000 for your nonprofit organization
PSGA invites grantwriters at local nonprofits to submit an original, short grant proposal for up to $4,000 in funding for a program or project of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Through a random lottery, six finalists will be chosen to be publicly discussed on November 10, 2022, by a Grantmaking LIVE! panel of experienced funders. The panel will award – on the spot – a total of $4,000 in PSGA funds to the selected organization(s).
Plus, pre-application assistance will be available to a limited number of applicants (Deadline has passed)
In order to ensure that everyone is able to submit the best proposal that they can, we are offering pre-application assistance of two types:
- webinar by expert grantwriter Sylvie McGee. See it now.
- advice from experienced grantwriters to a limited number of applicants, upon request, prioritized for beginning grantwriters, particularly those representing small organizations. [Sorry, Ocrober 7 deadline has passed.]
Audience Choice Award: no cash, but still valuable
Event registrants will be able to view the six selected proposals in advance and vote (honestly!) for their choice before the Grantmaking LIVE! panel does. The winner of the “Audience Choice Award” will be announced at Grantmaking LIVE! and receive a free year’s membership in PSGA.
Criteria used by our panelists
The Grantmaking LIVE! panel is asked to look at whether $4,000 will make a significant impact on the proposed project/program, regardless of the organization’s size. The panel also will consider whether the proposal states clear objectives, proposes a program that is shaped by use of an equity lens, describing in context how your project or program addresses or intersects with equity, diversity and/or social justice initiatives. The proposal should also provide a clear, accurate budget, and include an evaluation method. PSGA leaves the rest to the panelists. Warning: The public discussion may be brutally honest. Do your best. Good luck!
|Grant Competition Application released
|September 28 – 6:30 PM
|Application overview session via Zoom
|September 28 – October 18
|Application assistance available
|Deadline for requesting pre-application assistance
|October 21 – 3 PM PDT
|Applications must be received online
|Lottery to pick finalists, all applicants informed of finalists
|October 31 – November 9
|Finalist applications available for voting on Audience Choice Award
|Audience Choice election closes
Grant Competition Guidelines
Click here to download a PDF version of the Guidelines
Craft a simple proposal that includes the following:
- Your organization’s mission.
- The constituency you serve.
- How you plan to use the grant (your project/program).
- How you plan to measure impact.
- How your organization’s commitment to equity and social justice will be demonstrated by your programming.
- A simple budget for your project (no need to include your organizational budget).
- Use a proposal application form (available here). Your proposal must have two pages (single-sided), including budget, and must use 12-point type and 1-inch margins.
- Proposals longer than two pages, or that do not follow the other guidelines, will not be considered.
- Please submit your proposal in PDF. Include your organization’s name and project title in the header of each page of your proposal. When naming your file, include your organization’s name in the proposal title. Do not submit any additional attachments; they will not be provided to the panel.
- To be eligible for the cash award, each finalist organization must have a representative registered and attending Grantmaking LIVE! on November 10th, 2022, either in person at the Panoramic Center (1200 12th Ave S, Seattle, WA, 98144) or via Zoom.
- Registration is at www.grantwriters.org.
- At PSGA’s discretion, the winning organization may be asked to appear at a 2023 PSGA event to present a 5-minute report on the use of the grant.
- Submit your proposal online. Confirmation of receipt will be sent to the email you use for submission.
DEADLINE: Proposals must be received by 3:00 p.m. PDT on October 21, 2022.
Please, no phone calls!
View past winners of the PSGA Grant Competition!